February 14, 2013

Okay, so I lied

I promised I would never, never allow anyone to see my first novel.  However, then I opened the box that held the manuscript.  I began reading the thing, expecting lord only knows what.  And sure, it's terribly written.  BUT…  The crime in that story is outstanding

So I'm writing the sucker again.  It has a new title: The Man from Xopec

You see, this rich Indian is not altogether trustworthy.  He deals in stocks and bonds on his computer and has made a fortune, but he wants more. (You can tell right now that this is a fantasy, can't you?  I mean, a rich Indian?) So he cooks up a crooked land deal and forges a bunch of papers and photos so everyone thinks he inherits a few miles of really prime real estate.  But then this lady figures things out, and people are killed.  And then the Indian falls in love with her…

I'm a sucker for a really good badass, and I think this oversized, oversexed, over-endowed good-lookin'millionaire has it all.  Got the bit between my teeth and I'm running with it.

More next month.

No comments: